Setup your environment
You will need to setup your computer to prepare for configuring the UNIEXPO React Native App.
You will need Node + NPM to build the phone apps, GIT for version control, and Expo for development testing.
- Install node and npm: Download it from here.
- Install GIT: Download it from here.
- Install Expo: Follow instructions for the local development tool and mobile client.
To verify your installation run
node --version npm --version git --version
Extract and initialize the uniexpo code base.
- Download and unzip the universal-app-platform.zip file from CodeCanyon:Envato into your documents or development folder.
- Unzip the uniexpo zip file found in universal-app-platform\UNIVERSAL APP\Mobile app
- The resulting folder dimovdaniel-uniexpoapp-8d6ec940704b contains a folder named dimovdaniel-uniexpoapp-8d6ec940704b, move it to the Mobile app folder and rename it uniexpo .
- Open a terminal / command line in the uniexpo folder and run npm install
This will take 5+ minutes.
You can complete steps 5+6 before step 4 is complete.
- Configure your app name and icon in uniexpo/app.json ( how to )
- Configure your Firebase credentials in uniexpo/config.js ( how to )
Open uniexpo to preview your app.
From Expo, select "Open existing project" and select the folder you just extracted.